Monday, January 28, 2008

The Weekend

Here's what I should have accomplished this weekend...

CLEAN THE GARAGE!

Did I? Not even close. On Saturday morning, right before our routine weekend trek, Charles (my dog) vomited on our staircase and I noticed a few drops of blood in the vomit. So, I high-tailed him straight to our pet clinic. (As a side note, the pet health care plan that the clinic sold me a few months ago and I thought was complete highway robbery, paid itself off in our visit.)

As it turns out, Chuck's got some sort of inflamation of his tummy/large intestine and the blood was more or less from the membrane coating. He's going to be just fine, especially since all of the worm tests came back with a resounding negative. I spent the remainder of the weekend feeding him a regular cocktail of pills and rubbing his head. (Yeah, go ahead...call him Hollywood. He was rocking it out this weekend like a typical Hollywood B-lister.)

So, no walk and no clean garage. Usually, this would not be an issue, but I suspect the Quickbeam is close to delivery and I wanted to get a space worked out for it.

Having said that, I've got to get Salvation Army on the phone to pick up an old table and chairs set and a hutch. Then we'll have more room.

Chuck's at home, just resting and relaxing. I left Animal Planet on just in case he gets bored.